A Drying Cart is used to dry large volumes of cannabis buds in an existing or new drying room.
The main difference with drying carts currently used by cannabis growers is that the process air is sucked top-down through the product by a ventilator. In the traditional method air is blown over the product. Our Top-down drying method results in an evenly dried end-product.
For medical and recreational cannabis.
In the drying cart, 3 sandwich units are placed.
One drying cart is capable of drying 25kg (55lbs) per drying cycle. A drying room can be filled with dozens of drying carts.
Drying Cart filled with some Canna-trays
Overview of a drying room filled with drying carts
Empty cannabis drying cart
How is the Drying Cart filled?
- 3 filters are placed at the bottom of the drying cart.
- 6 piles of Canna-trays are placed on the filters in the cart.
- 3 filters are placed on the piles of Canna-trays.
Two sandwich units in a drying cart
Transparent view of one half of the drying cart
Components of a full Drying Cart
A: 126 Canna-trays
B: 6 HEPA-filters
C: 6 filter pads
D: 3 ventilators
E: Closeable slide
F: Closeable valve
G: 4 swivel wheels with brakes
H: ABC software on a tablet
Size of the Drying Cart: L 1914x W 800x H 1845mm (L 75,4 x W 31,5 x H 72,6 “)
Transparent view of a drying room filled with drying carts
Drying Cart – Details of how it works:
- The 4 ventilators (D) suck the process air (1) through a row of drying carts.
- The process air (1) goes through the filters (B&C) and the Canna-trays (A) where it dries the cannabis by adsorbing moisture.
- A part of the wet process air (2) goes through the tubes (E), towards the drying unit (F).
- In the drying unit (F) water is adsorbed from the air and the temperature of the air rises.
- This warm and dried air (3) mixes with the circulating process air (4).
- The mixed air is at the desired temperature and humidity again and enters the drying carts (1).
How are the Drying Carts placed in a row:
Carts in the middle
The carts placed in the middle of a row of carts all have the slide (below) and the valve (on top) open.
The cart at the end of the row has the valve closed and the slide opened.
The cart at the beginning of the row has the valve opened and the slide closed.
ABC-processor for the drying carts:
- The amount of airflow can be controlled for each drying cart individually; more moisture means more airflow.
- Two sensors to measure temperature and relative humidity. The first sensor measures the ingoing air from the room, the second sensor measures the outgoing air.
Note: Drying carts can be used in existing and new drying rooms. The ABC-processor can be implemented in an existing drying room.
An ABC controller page of a drying cart