The Drying Cell is made for easy handling of large quantities of cannabis.
Properties of the Drying Cell:
- Central in the Drying Cell operation is a forklift carrying a pallet-sandwich
- Capable of drying 20-85kg (44-187 lbs) per drying cycle, depending on the chosen configuration.
- Easily scalable.
- Easily cleaned.
- Temperature can reach 15 to 35°C (59-95°F).
- Humidity levels can be controlled from 30-90%.
- Airflow is set to a desired volume (m3/ft3)
For recreational cannabis.
Drying cells can be used for curing as well.
In the drying cells, the sandwich units are stacked on a ventilation pallet. The pallet with 4 sandwich units is called a pallet sandwich.
Components of a pallet sandwich:
A: 4 sandwich units with 16-36 Canna-Trays
B: Ventilation pallet
C: Closing frame
Overview of a pallet sandwich unit
B. Ventilation Pallet
A pallet sandwich is built on the Ventilation Pallet. The Ventilation Pallet ensures easy, safe & efficient transport with a forklift.
Properties of the Ventilation Pallet:
- Made of Stainless steel.
- Front has 2 openings for easy & efficient transport by a forklift.
- The back has big openings for process air to leave the pallet sandwich.
- The top has a frame for 4 HEPA filters.
- Easy to clean.
- Size: 1600x 1220x 240 mm (65 x 48 x 9.5″)
- Net weight: 110 kg (240 lbs.)
How is the Ventilation Pallet used?
It is used for forklift transport and for drying.
1st use is right after processing the harvest.
2nd use is during the drying process.
3rd use is during curing until packaging.
The frame is made of anodized aluminum.
How is the frame used?
It is used in the pallet sandwich, keeping the 4 sandwich units together.
Placed on top of the piles right above the HEPA filter and the Filter pad layers.
Preserves airtightness and gives strength to the pallet sandwich.
Top-down drying with a sandwich pallet
In a pallet sandwich, the filtered air goes top-down through the cannabis in a dark and clean environment.
Drying in this manner preserves the aromas, terpenes and cannabinoids.
Components of a Drying Cell
Main parts of a clean drying cell:
A-B-C: Pallet-sandwich consisting of Canna-trays (A), Filters (B) and a ventilation pallet(C)
D: Isolation panels
E: Roller shutter
F: Maintenance door
How is the Drying cell used?
- A forklift driver, moving a sandwich unit, approaches the drying cell.
- On the ABC software the driver remotely (on a tablet) opens the roller shutter. Automatically, all devices in the drying cell turn off immediately.
- The driver places the pallet sandwich in an empty space.
- On the tablet, the driver closes the roller shutter of the drying cell. Automatically, all devices in the drying cell turn on.
- The manager controls the process from his/hers device (tablet, pc, mobile phone or PC).
Drying Cell; how it works
The Drying cell – Details of How it Works:
• The ventilator (G) sucks the process air (U) through the Canna-Trays (A), filters (B) and pallet (C).
• The air dries the cannabis and the absolute humidity of the air increases.
• A part of the wet process air (W) flows through the condensation unit (H).
• In the condensation unit (H), the air cools down and water condensates.
• The cooler air (Z) blends with the process air (Y).
• The blended air goes through the heater (I) where the air is again brought to the desired temperature.
The size of the Drying Cell depends on your needs. The standard configuration is 5.24 meters (17.2 ft) high, 3.56 meters (11.7 ft) deep and 1.73 (5.7 ft) meters wide. The standard size is suitable for three to five Sandwich units.
A configuration with three Sandwich units has the highest capacity.
A configuration with five Sandwich units has a higher flexibility for your business operation.
Drying cell with 4 layers of pallet sandwiches. 96 Canna-Trays each unit
Total = 384 Canna-tray per drying cell.
Drying cell with 3 layers of pallet sandwiches. 144 Canna-Trays each unit
Total = 432 Canna-trays per drying cell.
Drying cell with 5 layers of pallet sandwiches. 64 trays each.
Total = 320 Canna-Trays per drying cell.
variety of sizes.
The amount of pallet sandwiches can vary from 1 to 5.
ABC-processor for the drying cell:
- The ventilators are set at the desired amount of airflow, these can vary between the units.
- One sensor measures the temperature and relative humidity of the air that enters the units.
- Multiple sensors measure the temperature and relative humidity of the outgoing air of the pallet sandwich.
One sensor measures the air before it goes through the condenser and heater.
Note: Drying carts can be used in existing and new drying cells. The ABC-processor can be implemented in an existing drying cell.
An ABC controller page of a drying cell